DIY $15 Coffee Table Makeover
Happy Monday! Sharing my $15.00 Coffee Table Makeover found from a garage sale. My husband and I were wondering around, and finally found a great sale that had reasonable prices, so we jumped at the chance to bargain a $25 table to $15!
-$15 table with glass top (what a steal!)
-Anne Sloan Chalk paint Old Ocher (had)
-Anne Sloan Clear and brown wax (had)
-3 cans Rustolem Flat chestnut spray paint (bought $4.00 a can returned by someone)
-120 grit sand paper (small piece – had)
-2 HOURS MAX TIME
1. First, we cleaned the piece up, removed the hardware from the table, and got to work.
2. Then, we sprayed the metal elements of the table with our favorite spray paint Rustoleum Flat Chestnut. I coated the metal elements twice to cover the old black and green paint that was on the legs (yep – black and green!)
3. Letting the metal elements dry, we got started on the tabletop. We removed the glass, sprayed the wood top with the Rustoleum Flat Chestnut spray paint and let dry (it’s a quick process).
4. Next, we coated the top with two coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Old Ocher, which we thinned with a small amount of water. We let this dry and watched the cracking start on the tabletop, letting the Rustoleum Flat Chestnut color shine through.
5. Once dried, we took sand paper and roughed the edges to let the darker colors and some of the old wood colors come through. Shabby but cool!
6. Then we coated with a coat Annie Sloan Wax, clear. You know the drill, wax on, wax off! We repeated with the amounts of brown Annie Sloan wax we wanted to darken the piece to that old antique look.
7. Let the process dry and set completely, then buff once more for that matted shine. Once set, tighten the metal hardware back to the table, flip over, and place the glass back inside the table, setting the new piece of furniture in the room of your choice.
Garage sale treasures are the best! You never know what you will uncover for a few dollars and some time invested in a piece. The total cost to complete this piece – Under $25 total. We had paint and only purchased the Rustoleum, which was a returned color at Home Depot (again got to love a deal!) Thanks for stopping by – happy décor!