Make an Easy DIY Vase candle set
Happy snowy Monday everyone! Due to the cold weather, we are showing you an indoor craft today on how to make an Easy DIY Vase Candle Set. We had a few readers ask us to do a few crafts that any skill level can complete without tools, so we braved the -20 degree weather here in Ballwin, Missouri and ran over to Joann’s Craft store to grab some items for this fun, indoor warm project! See readers, we listen to every request 😉
I love a rustic yet easy DIY vase candle set – let’s just say it can bring that little something to a room in any season, but truly works wonders in the fall a winter, as it helps bring the outside in! The great thing about this wonderful Easy DIY Vase Candle Set, you can use these on tables at rustic weddings, anniversary parties, or plain old back deck parties around the BBQ, and bring a little party to life ;-).
Let’s get started on getting you a new table set – Here’s what we did.
1. We purchased all the items you see in the photo for this project at Joann’s (if the thrift shop I go to was open I would have purchased my glass vases used, but weather permitting – Joann’s was my first thought).
2. We fired up our hot glue gun, and got to work gluing Panacea polished river pebbles you would use in a planter to the glass vases (we used round, but any type would look awesome – so experiment with what you like.)
3. Once we glued the first rock in a circle at the bottom of the vase, we added a wrap of burlap, and continued gluing on the river rock, and adding the burlap until we reached the top!
4. Then we cut two colors of Panacea decorative accent twin in dark and medium brown. We twisted the ends together and added the hot glue. Once stuck, we continued to twist until we wrapped all the areas under and over the polished river rock, creating the design of our Easy DIY Vase Candle Set.
5. We continued a second design on the smaller vase, which we turned into the candle holder. we used Frog tape (green) from Home Depot to map off our area in a twist, and started adding the Panacea polished river rock to the vase. When we finished we pulled the tape and added the remaining river rock to the rim at the top. We added an Inglow brand Flameless real wax LED votive candle and some extra polished river rock to the bottom of the vase and inset the candle. You can simply turn the candle off and on, no flame to worry about, how easy is that! 🙂
Once done, this was the finished, yet easy DIY Vase Candle Set! I love its rustic look with that tiny pop of red, but of course you can use any color flower’s or even real one if you choose. I can hardly wait to place lilacs or wisteria inside this vase – Ah, spring cannot get here fast enough!
We hope you enjoyed our Easy DIY Vase Candle Set post today. We truly want all of our readers to feel comfortable in the skill level projects of your choice. For all levels of projects visit our blog at Hello I Live Here! Until next post – happy crafting Hello I Live Here readers – and stay warm all of you in the bad weather states!